- Press and hold
- Navigate mouse over any translation on your website
- It should get highlighted
- Click on it to open "Quick translation" dialog
- You can edit translations (changes will get stored to Tolgee platform)
NOTE: If you use Tolgee without any integration, make sure you call
To generate screenshots automatically, you have to have installed Tolgee Tools plugin for Google Chrome browser. With this plugin, you can generate screenshots by clicking camera icon in Tolgee UI translation dialog.
In-context on production
To enable in-context translating on production you can pass
apiUrl through Tolgee Tools plugin, that way Tolgee will switch to development mode (plugin will also supply
@tolgee/ui package automatically).
apiKey in Tolgee configuration on production.
This property is intended only for local development, as it's not meant to be publicly visible.
- Install Tolgee Tools plugin
- Go to the production version of your website
- Click on Tolgee Tools extension and apply your API key (you might need to reload if you just installed the plugin)
- In-context translating should work
You can also check Step-by-step tutorial
A few notes about Tolgee Tools plugin
- You can turn off development mode by switching "Applied" toggle, which will turn it off, but stores credentials locally so you don't have to fill it again next time
- Plugin will supply
apiUrlfrom Tolgee configuration if it's present (if not you can fill it manually)
- Plugin changes its icon if Tolgee is present on the page or if credentials are set